10 Ways to Prevent the Cold or Flu November 17 2014
We are just heading into cold and flu season. It's a great time to reevaluate your habits and some of the ways you can prevent getting a cold or the flu this year. We've compiled 10 great ways to help you prevent getting a cold or the flu this season.
1. Limit eating refined carbohydrates like cookies, cakes, white bread, pasta etc. Some good alternatives are spiced nuts or eating the more savory foods at holiday parties.
2. Use a humidifier at night. Keeps the mucous membranes from drying out. The mucous membranes are our first defense against virus’ and bacteria.
3. Use essential oil humidifiers at during the day and night. Best anti-microbrial essential oils are thyme and eucalyptus.
4. Take a good quality pro-biotic daily. Keeps the immune system on constant surveillance for virus’ and bacteria.
5. Take vitamins and minerals that gives the immune system what it needs to fight off infection. Best 4 are: Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and Zinc.
6. Prevent Vitamin D deficiency by taking Vitamin D3.
7. Take immunomodulators, which keeps the immune system on constant surveillance. Astragalus, American Ginseng, Reishi mushrooms, and trametes mushrooms are good examples.
8. Eat fresh garlic. It is highly anti-microbrial.
9. Get at least 7-9 hrs of sleep per night.
10. Try to limit the amount of stress in your life.